Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vanilla Quilt

I've been working on a quilt using Gyleen Fitzgerald's pineapple ruler.  If I remember right, I decided to do this when our Lifetime Learning group made some Bed Runners.  I decided that a white/cream/ecru base would look good.  So I started.  There are countless fabrics in this one, adding to the variety and texture.  But it's been more than a little boring to do a quilt with no color to speak of . 

So, at last weekend's retreat in Stonewall, I finished the 100th block.  Now they're waiting to be assembled into a quilt top and finished into a quilt.

It's really a pretty quilt, and fun to look at all the fabrics.  I love neutrals and collect different ones when I just have to have a fabric fix.  They play well with all the other fabrics.  And with one another.

If you look closely, you'll find blue, green, and pink sneaking in.  (I told you I was bored, didn't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment