Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Decorations

I've put up my tree and installed Happy Santa on my bookshelf. He's a small plaster Santa with his arms flung wide. My ex MIL gave him to me, saying that he reminded her of me, since I was so outgoing and happy. Boy, that was years ago. Wish I still had that attitude. But he makes me smile, so he's staying.
I haven't found my nativity set yet. It's one of clay figures that I bought for pennies when I lived in Rota Spain in the late sixties. I'm hoping that it will turn up. My sister says that she remembers seeing it here at this new house.

The Twelve Days of Christmas quilt is up. I won it in a raffle at the Dripping Springs library many years ago. Linda Woodward hand appliqued and quilted it. The center is from a pattern and the border is her original design. The colors are muted, but it still looks great. Once it was slightly water damaged, but I've restored it pretty well. There are still a few minor smudges, but pretty much unnoticeable.


Today I did the Pflugerville Historic Home tour and got some more ideas. But the parade and my family called, so I didn't get to do much more. I did cover two throw pillows in the living room with quick Christmas fabric covers, though.

My quilt group had a party Thursday to see everyone's decorations and Christmas quilts, so all my Christmas pieces are out. It was a fun day. I dressed up and felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment