Monday, May 8, 2023

NACQJ Award of Merit

 I entered three quilts into the 2023 Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild show.   Although I won no Guild awards, I was given an NACQJ Award of Merit.  On the accompanying letter, it states that the quilt "represents excellence in design and/or workmanship".   

There were so many gorgeous quilts in that show and I am at a loss to say why mine was singled out, but let me tell you, I am one happy camper! 

Quilt shows are such a great  way to focus on finishing a project and on working to improve one's technique.  The critique forms give honest feedback on possible ways to improve and encouragement by recognizing good techniques and design choices.  

                    Jane’s mother wanted her to become a writer like her idol, Jane Austen.          Unfortunately, Jane is dyslexic.   She now has a thriving career in retail sales, as she has a good eye for line and color

No comments:

Post a Comment