Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Art Time with Granddaughter

My 19yo granddaughter has been staying with me this summer.   Kind of.  She's really visiting her father, but because his house is full, she's been sleeping over here and her stuff has been here.   Sort of an unusual arrangement, but it's worked for us.    Our houses are just a few miles apart.  



During this last week, Natalie and I  bonded over art activities.   She's planning her dorm suite and made these paintings for the living area.   They are about 10 by 30.        She really had fun with them, using acrylic paints and scrubbing between layers with alcohol.    Messy but fun.    The colors are so much better in person;  IPhone cameras aren't that great.  




Meanwhile, I decorated clothespins.   Very mundane, but cute. 



I also did a painting of a heron, inspired by a photograph I saw somewhere recently.     There are a lot of layers of paint, as I had a lot of false starts, but I think he turned out pretty darn good.


Natalie made a little piece for her Mom. 


And a portrait of her best friend, Mary.

I hope she'll make time for Art in college and keep her creative/logical sides balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment