Tuesday, December 25, 2012

No Christmas Tree

Instead of putting up the tree this year, I hung a red and green quilt that I rescued from an antique store many years ago.  I repaired it and love the vibrant colors and unusual pattern.

So that I could pile up presents, I pulled in the white bench that I helped my Daddy make when I was a little girl.  I added the apple wreath after finding it for sale at the Assistance League thrift store.

Presents on the bench include the vintage cookie jar (bought at an estate auction) shaped like a Christmas tree that will go to my daughter.  Also a table runner that I scored in a White Elephant gift exchange with some of my quilting friends.  The other presents will have to wait until next week, when my grandchildren are in town.

Merry Christmas, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment