Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This is the house of my sister and brother-in-law.   They've lived here, out in the country near Austin for maybe twenty years.


Most years, they invite all of the extended family over for Thanksgiving.  They do the turkey, brisket, sausage, pies, and some sides.  Many people bring even more.  My specialty is pumpkin cake and brocolli/rice/cheese cassarole. 

This year, only 40 or so came.  Twenty one of their kids, grandkids, and great-grands.  Six from my family.  Four of my BIL's family.  And their son brought five neighbors. 




The barbeque pit is HUGE!

Dinner is held in the garage, which has been decorated in old-time tools, kitchen tools, games, toys, whatever.



First a circle is formed on the driveway and thanks are given.







Before dinner, I helped my BIL finish weeding the carrots in his garden.


Afterward, I held a giveaway from the trunk of my car.  I'm trying very hard to downsize my stuff, and my great nieces and nieces still have room for some of it.  This time it was mostly picture frames and the Tupperware that I won as a door prize at my last class reunion.




Thanksgiving is definitely my favorite holiday.

Hope you had a good time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment