Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where did the summer go?

 Martha threw out the first pitch at one of the Dell Diamond baseball games in June.  I went along and we had a great time. 

Then in July, my daughter had a tumor removed from her brain.  So my energies were all spent in worrying and hovering and being a mama.  She's better now and plans to return to work next week.  I've kind of enjoyed most of the time I spent with her.  We ferried her son back and forth to his dad's house several times.  We watched some chick flicks.  We played some games.  Love is a beautiful thing, and she gives me plenty.  I am so happy that this is behind us now.  The tumor was benign, but pressed on a nerve and caused her terrible pain.


I did manage to see some fireworks from the Walmart parking lot on the fourth of July.   Not a bad viewing point.  And no traffic to speak of.
As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw the finale from the display in Round Rock.  Then as I turned onto the Parkway, I saw the ones in Wells Branch.  Wow.  Three for the price of one.  Which was free.









And of course I managed to go to a quilt retreat with my friends.
I made a baby quilt top with a new pattern, three cross-body purses for my daughter, her mother-in-law and her sister-in-law.
I helped my friend Rita hem some receiving blankets, and made some more mindless Pineapple blocks.


Went swimming with the great-grandkids, played Candyland, kept the bills paid and the laundry done.

I'm ready for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment